We lower the default for the parm    vm.swappiness

The default is 60 and we mostly set this to 5 now.

To see where it's set now;

       cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

Change it;

       echo 5 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

Update the /etc/sysctl.conf file to keep where you want it ... 20, 5, or even 0

Hope this is some help...

Paul