From: Brent Kincer [mailto:dev.bkin...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 12:19 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: bad entry in fstab

In case you're not using IUCV terminals and don't have access to something
like 'vi', just use sed to comment out the offending line and reboot.

Would go something like this:
mount -o remount,rw /
sed -i 's/.*LogVol08.*/#&/g' /etc/fstab
shutdown -r now

That sed statement will comment out any line containing LogVol08 in
/etc/fstab. Correct your typo after the reboot.

Hope this helps!