On 6/14/11 1:15 AM, "Sundaram, Parthasarthy"
<parthasarthy.sunda...@eds.com> wrote:

>i)     In SunOS how to convert the ASCII mode to EBCDIC mode in SFTP
>mode.

If you are talking to Linux on Z, it's an ASCII system. No conversion
necessary.

If you are FTPing to z/OS or other IBM system, use text mode. Conversion
will happen automatically. See the FTP client/server documentation for the
system you are connecting to for more details about specifying code pages
(if required).

>ii)    Iam able to convert the ASCII file to EBCDIC thru DD command
>outside SFTP mode.Is this the right command.

See above.

>iii)   I have a file with 100 records but after converting from ASCII
>to EBCDIC all the 100 records is aligned in the single line.Please let
>me know how to resolve this and iam sure that carriage return is
>missing. Please let me know how to apply the carriage return value
>during the EBCDIC conversion.

See above.