Essentially -  It shows processes, sorted by highest CPU usage - and also
shows memory usage and other data.  Much like the 'top' command.    Try
'top' first..    then check out this command..    top can end up eating into
cpu itself -- and this alternative uses a fraction of it.   Doesn't do
everything top does - but does show the 'top cpu users'.

Now that I've written that - did you mean - how does it work?  That's a
different answer :)

Scott Rohling