Hello all,
I am not sure if I do something wrong here....

I format a DASD in CP as PERM. Then I provide this DASD  to Linux as fullpack
minidisk, 0-END.
When I issue lsdasd I see the disk is not formatted, as expected.
From CP I can see the volume serial on disk via Q <rdev>

Then I run dasdfmt with a -k parameter to preserve a volume serial, it
complains that there is no volume serial on the disk.
If I run dasdfmt -l volser, it works as expected and sets the volume serial.
So either I do something wrong or dasdfmt can set but not read the volume
serial.
Any ideas ?
It is RHEL 5.6

Thank you

Marian Gasparovic
"The mere thought hadn't  even  begun  to speculate about the merest
possibility of crossing my mind."

  • dasdfmt Marian Gasparovic