From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of McKown,
John
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:35 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Value of TMOUT?

I'm wondering if anybody uses the TMOUT environment variable to time out shell
users? I have a z/OS background and am used to my interactive TSO session
timing out after about 15 minutes of non use. Do UNIX people even care about
this? Or do you use some sort of cron to force idle shell users off the system.
If you don't force off idle shell users, what about people who just up and
leave at the end of the day without logging off?

John McKown
Systems Engineer IV
IT

Administrative Services Group