On Thursday, November 10, 2011 02:55:58 am you wrote:
> Yes, that would work, we have tested NFS before.
> The amount data is quite huge, for that reason ftp is not interesting, and
> that why NFS also has been out of scope. So far. Maybee that transfer time
> is acceptable/better than ftp for example ? We should perhaps try that :)

Unlike FTP, you can tune NFS to improve your throughput.  Here's some info
about doing that:

http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/ar01s05.html

That applies to Linux.  Not sure how tunable the z/OS side is.
        - MacK.
-----
Edmund R. MacKenty
Software Architect
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street  -  Newton, MA 02466-2272  -  USA
Tel: +1.617.614.4321
Email: m...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com