My manager just came to me with a question that was raised in a
manager's meeting. Our distributive group (Unix/RH/Solaris/AIX) was
complaining about the Tivoli agents on their servers creating problems,
not reporting, etc. The Window's group manager stepped in with the
response of why they don't start using SCOM instead? Looking at the
Microsoft websites (not very helpful of course, more marketing, little
technical) for SCOM (System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2), I do see
it can be used with Linux, but does not get into the detail of which
architecture. I would safely assume x86, but would it work on s390x?

Is anyone out there using SCOM on their platform (zLinux, or s390x) with
either RHEL or SUSE? Can anyone point me to a datasheet on this product
(System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2) that lists supported
platforms?

James Chaplin

Systems Programmer, MVS, zVM & zLinux

Base Technologies, a CA Technologies Company