From: Linux on 390 Port [LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Mark Post
[mp...@novell.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:40 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Does cpuplugd use the cpu hot plug interface?

>>> On 2/22/2012 at 11:22 PM, Ron Foster at Baldor-IS <rfos...@baldor.com>
>>> wrote:
> Hello listers,
> We are experiencing a problem where occasionally we get some uninterruptable
> processes that appear to hang.
> We use CPUPLUGD.

-snip-
> I found this hit that might be related:
>
> http://git390.marist.edu/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=f2db2e6
> cb3f5f766cbb3788af44705685ff2445a

-snip-
> Does CPUPLUGD use this mechanism?

I think it would have to use it.

> Could this be be our problem?

It could be.  You don't say what version you're seeing this on, but I see the
patch for this mentioned in the changelog for
kernel-default-2.6.32.54-0.3.1.s390x.rpm on SLES11 SP1 and
kernel-default-2.6.16.60-0.95.1 on SLES10 SP4.
patches.arch/s390-34-01-pfault-cpu-hotplug.patch and
patches.arch/s390-60-01-pfault-cpu-hotplug.patch respectively.