Hi all....
I must be missing something...

Customer has a VM 6.1 system (RSU 1101 + z114 PTFs) and SLES11 SP1
guests.  Initially the guest was on a Layer3 Vswitch - no problem.  They
needed to change to go to Layer2 so they could have guests on different
VLANs - but still have the Linuxes be Layer3.  We:
 - Updated the IP info on the Llnuxes and shut them down and logged off.
 - Deleted (DETach) the old Layer3 Vswitch.
 - Networking changed the real switch port to trunk mode
 - We changed the TCPIP stack to Layer2 and it's VLAN - all ok..
 - We redefined the Vswitch as:
   DEFINE VSWITCH VSWITCH2 RDEV E203 ETH VLAN 999 NAT 999
   (Default PORTTYPE ACCESS)
 - Regranted the user as:
   SET VSWITCH VSWITCH2 GRANT LXTECH VLAN 301
All looks good in the queries....

But when we boot the Linux, we can see qeth try to register layer3, but
we get:
  The qeth device is not configured for the OSI layer required by z/VM

We've double checked our definitions and even bounced the system.

Have I missed something?   Am I having a brain cloud?

Thanks,
Lee

--

Lee Stewart, Senior SE