Enter FORCE ..  you shouldn't lose anything.

And the changes in SYSTEM CONFIG will be in effect the NEXT TIME YOU IPL in
the specified date ranges -- z/VM will not switch automatically -- those
values are only good at boot time.   You will have to specifically issue CP
SET TIMEZONE to get z/VM to change the time.   Or - reboot shortly after
the specified date/time defined in the CONFIG file if you're hankering for
a reboot :)

Scott Rohling