From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of CHAPLIN,
JAMES (CTR)
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 5:12 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Are your Linux instances healthy?

Hendrik (or anyone),

Can you help us with one small issue I cannot seem to find the answer on with
the install of this neat tool.

I am doing the noarch rpm install and getting:

rpm -ivh lnxhc-1.0-1.noarch.rpm

error: Failed dependencies:

        rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.2-1 is needed by lnxhc-1.0-1.noarch

I know the answer is going to be easy, but I cannot seem to be able to resolve
the rpmlib module PayloadIsLzma issue here, any suggestions.

I issue: "rpm -showrc" and get:

ARCHITECTURE AND OS:

build arch            : s390x

compatible build archs: s390x noarch

build os              : Linux

compatible build os's : linux

install arch          : s390x

install os            : Linux

compatible archs      : s390x s390 noarch

compatible os's       : linux

RPMRC VALUES:

macrofiles            :
/usr/lib/rpm/macros:/usr/lib/rpm/s390x-linux/macros:/etc/rpm/macros.*:/e
tc/rpm/macros:/etc/rpm/s390x-linux/macros:~/.rpmmacros

optflags              : -O2 -g -m64

Features supported by rpmlib:

    rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) = 3.0.3-1

        PreReq:, Provides:, and Obsoletes: dependencies support versions.

    rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) = 3.0.4-1

        file name(s) stored as (dirName,baseName,dirIndex) tuple, not as path.

    rpmlib(PayloadIsBzip2) = 3.0.5-1

        package payload can be compressed using bzip2.

    rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) = 4.0-1

        package payload file(s) have "./" prefix.

    rpmlib(ExplicitPackageProvide) = 4.0-1

        package name-version-release is not implicitly provided.

    rpmlib(HeaderLoadSortsTags) = 4.0.1-1

        header tags are always sorted after being loaded.

    rpmlib(ScriptletInterpreterArgs) = 4.0.3-1

        the scriptlet interpreter can use arguments from header.

    rpmlib(PartialHardlinkSets) = 4.0.4-1

        a hardlink file set may be installed without being complete.

    rpmlib(ConcurrentAccess) = 4.1-1

        package scriptlets may access the rpm database while installing.

    rpmlib(BuiltinLuaScripts) = 4.2.2-1

        internal support for lua scripts.

Thanks for any suggestions and assistance

James Chaplin

Systems Programmer, MVS, zVM & zLinux

Base Technologies, a CA Technologies Company