Rick Troth, in a private note to me, has made the excellent suggestion
of using rsync instead of cp below, to avoid problems with symlinks:

rsync -a -u -x -H -K -O -S /old/.  /mnt/.

Thanks Rick.

DJ

Hi, Florian.

There is no tool that I am aware of that would do this, but there are
some manual steps you can do to expand the partition size:

1) add a new minidisk of the appropriate size to the zLinux image
2) dasdfmt it
3) make a partition:  fdasd -a
4) put an ext2 (or ext3) file system on it (mke2fs)
5) go into single user mode; you don't want anyone else messing around
with the zLinux file system while you are copying parts of it.
6) mount the new file system at some convenient point, say "/mnt"
6) mount the old partition/file system someplace else, say "/old"
7) copy the old to the new:
     cp -ax /old /mnt
8) make sure the new DASD is added to the mkinitrd/zipl configuration so
zLinux can find the next time it is reIPLed. Also, update the /etc/fstab
file as needed.

Have a good one, too.

DJ