On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, David Boyes wrote:

I wish. Many people have lobbied for it, and so far, no dice.

It seems a natural for SAS ans an ISV, to conform it ot the
minimal strictres of the LSB and so ship one binary on all
architectures

It's been a long, long time since I touched (and tech
supported) SAS or the old SPSS on the mainframe, back with Mr
Ford was the president

Neale, would 'R' work for the customer's needs? Several high
power, high frequency investment banks, and most of Big Pharma
have moved to it in whole or part, and love it

It is a straightforward rebuild on RPM based distributions,
and natively in Debian ... I have long since all relevant
modules packaged in RPM, and Dirk Eddelbuettel covers Debian

- Russ herold