Rob/Shane,

I appreciate your overnight assistance, I did modify the script to look
at all pids, with the same result.

I do realize that linux memory mgmt is lazy (delayed cache writes) and
that is why I was wondering if I can't find which current pid
has swap allocations, is there a way to run the swap chain to see what
process held it in the past.

From the looks of this system, I suspect an overnight backup process
utilizing the full memory allocation and populating swap.  That process
then finishes but swap doesn't' clear because of it's "lazy" attributes.

 Phil