If you investigate the ESALNXP report provided by ZVPS, you will see a
cron job with your latest "patches", and not before that.  One just
needs good tools....

Srivastava, Sagar wrote:

We implemented latest patches on our SLES11 SP1 systems recently

Now all the zLINUX guest are using almost 8 - 10 IFL mips  extra per
Guest - that is increasing our load on the z/VM LPARs by 300 mips .
Unfortunately this is not so visible from the guest level and hence
difficult to find the culprit process/component. We have around 35
guests per LPAR.

  I know there is some degree of overhead with patching and security -
but this seems excessive.

Our workload is primarily websphere/java applications type.

I have tried:

1) investigating top/sar etc command and process lists

2) checked Omegamon-can pinpoint nothing yet

3) several linux commands tools to (iostat/mpstat/iptraf etc but can
find nothing.

Any insight from the gurus? Has anyone noticed this situation? Thanks
for going through my long note.

Sagar Srivastava

ISO,

jersey city

This email is intended for the recipient only.  If you are not the intended
recipient please disregard, and do not use the information for any purpose.