>>> On 5/1/2012 at 03:38 PM, Bruce Lightsey <bruce.light...@its.ms.gov> wrote:
> Our storage guy asked about NPIV and WWPN names - all I could do was give him
> my best dumb look ( I'm a dba, not a sysadmin or systems programmer ). So,
> what should we expect ?  I don't think networking or CKD dasd will be an
> issue but I have no idea how the SAN will react to having a different
> mainframe replacing the one it knows.

You should expect that everything that the SAN sees will be different.  The
mainframe should see exactly the same things it does now, assuming the SAN
administrator is able to figure out what the new WWPNs for the z114 are going
to be.  That would be a tedious job if it weren't a push-pull.  Since it is a
push-pull, I'm not sure how they 're going to be able to do it in a reasonable
amount of time.