I have a vague memory that Linux on z does not use the "timer tick" that some
other platforms use. That it uses the z's hardware clock for timing. I think it
was the "tickless kernel"? But I don't have a Linux on z system here anymore.
Even without STP, the hardware clock is very accurate. I don't think that we've
reset it since we installed the hardware - about 6 years ago.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets®

9151 Boulevard 26 . N. Richland Hills . TX 76010
(817) 255-3225 phone .
john.mck...@healthmarkets.com . www.HealthMarkets.com

HealthMarkets® is the brand name for products underwritten and issued by the
Company®, Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of TennesseeSM and The MEGA
Life and Health Insurance Company.SM