All true, but I think the point was not to need additional OSA ports, though.
AFAIK, you can't use a virtual NIC as the "OSA" for a 2nd VSWITCH.

If I'm reading the original post correctly, he's trying to emulate the (very
common in labs) situation where you have one physical port connected to the
"outside" network and a physical switch, and then connect zero or more
additional switches to the first switch to add ports to the same collision
domain in groups.

If that's what he needs to do, multiple VSWITCHes as described won't give him
what he wants, because you can't connect the 2nd and subsequent VSWITCH to the
first VSWITCH w/o additional OSA triplets (essentially the OSA has to act as
the "first switch"). If he needs to do this, then the Linux guest bridge
interface acts as that "first switch", and he can define an arbitrary number of
additional VSWITCHes (to the limit permitted by the Linux bridge code) to
connect without requiring additional hardware.

 The same method can create additional tiers of switches if required.