Yes that's what I was missing.  Thanks for the update.

Thanks
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Alan
Altmark
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 10:27 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: RHEL54 zLinux running TSA

On Friday, 06/29/2012 at 09:19 EDT, "Shumate, Scott"
<scshum...@bbandt.com> wrote:
> Has anyone implemented TSA (Tivioli System Automation) on RHEL54?  We
are
> trying to use ECKD disk for our quorum disk.  We are running into this
error:

> Initializing ECKD tie-breaker (.v DEVICE=/dev/dasdd) Reserving
> tie-breaker (.v DEVICE=/dev/dasdd) eckd_reserve is boxed, busy, or in
> error tb_reserve status DENIED(1) (errno=2)
>
> The disk is setup per IBM's recommendations.

It requirements are:
1) The disk must be a full-pack minidisk (0-END or DEVNO)
2) The minidisk must be defined with link mode MWV
3) The volume must be defined as SHARED

It sounds like you are missing #2.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556
alan_altm...@us.ibm.com
IBM Endicott

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/