Dear all,

I face a problem with the new VMRELOCATION under z/VM 6.2.
The situation is as follows: One SLES 11 SP1 guest is connected via an
VSWITCH to a CICSO firewall. The vswitch is defined as type layer 2.
The network connection is working.

When I relocate now the guest to NODE B the SSI cluster where the VSWITCH
is defined in the same manner as on NODE A the connection is not working
because of the arp cache in the firewall. It lasts endlessly till the
firewall flushes the arp cache and reestablish the connection.

Is there some additional setup or manual intervention required on z/VM in
order to force a clear the arp cache in the firewall or is this a function
z/VM should handle internally? Does somebody had a similar situation?

Thank you very much in advance.

--
Best regards

Florian Bilek