Scott,
I have. I've got a couple of scripts that I use. I think I borrowed large
chunks of them from examples from somewhere. One is a child process that
starts when the session starts (via the script keyword in the hosts file)
and waits on a pipe to receive instructions. The other is a script I run
when I want to transfer a file and it send commands to the pipe. Maybe more
than you want or need but hopefully they will be of some help.

Attaching them here: (See attached file: pthvm1_child.bash)(See attached
file: buildps)
Not sure what the listserver will do to attachments so I've CCed you
direct.

I haven't looked at these in ages so I can't tell you too much more about
them, but if you have any questions feel free to contact me. I'm sure I can
resurrect the memories.

  Robert Hart                                       1060 Hay        (Embedded
image
                                                   Street            moved to
file:

pic07494.gif)

  z/VM                                              West Perth,
  Development                                      6005
  and Service

  Australia                                         Australia
  Development
  Laboratory
  (ADL)

  IBM Systems