Hi Everyone,

I want to set up my zLinux machines so that I can easily clone and make minimal
network modifications for each guest machine prior to deployment. I want to use
Static VIPA and OSPF, with that said, I want to introduce an eth1 device. This
second device will have an IP address at my DR site. At that DR site, there is
a separate OSPF stub area. I want to define both eth on my golden image and
clone from there. Has this ever been done? If so, do you guys have any
suggestions as to how I can change my ospfd.conf to make this work?

What I have below in red (if you have html turned on) is what I want to add for
eth1, it is only available when the zLinux guest image and z/VM is physically
brought up at my DR site:

Static vipa = 1.1.1.55
Eth0 = 10.1.1.55  - OSPF stub area 10.1.1.0
Eth1 = 182.1.1.55 - OSPF stub area 10.0.0.0

! -*- ospf -*-
!
! OSPFd sample configuration file
!
!
hostname lsysg01a.priv.com
password zebra
enable password zebra
!enable password please-set-at-here
!
! Interface VIPA
interface dummy0
ip ospf priority 0
ip ospf cost 1
!
interface eth0
ip ospf priority 0
ip ospf cost 1
!
interface eth1
ip ospf priority 0
ip ospf cost 1
!
interface lo
!
interface sit0
!
router ospf
ospf router-id 1.1.1.55
network 10.1.1.55/27 area 10.1.1.0
network 10.1.1.55/32 area 10.1.1.0
network 182.1.1.55/27 area 10.0.0.0
network 10.1.1.55/32 area 10.0.0.0
area 10.1.1.0 stub
area 10.0.0.0 stub
line vty
exec-timeout 0 0
log file /var/log/quagga/ospfd.log

Mr. David Boyles, I've read some of your postings... you seem to have worked on
the same idea.

Thanks for reading this!

David Diep
IBM Z Series Network Architect

Grade.DC.gov has expanded again!  Check out which five additional agencies can
now be rated.
Visit www.Grade.DC.gov<http://www.grade.dc.gov/> today to log your feedback on
any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.