>>> On 3/6/2013 at 01:39 PM, "Chase, John" <jch...@ussco.com> wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> Trying to install SLES 11 SP 2 on z/VM 6.2, using a laptop running Fedora 18
> as the NFS, and loading from a "real" DVD (not an iso image file).
> Unfortunately, we get only to this point:
>
> *** Could not find the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Repository.
>
> Activating manual setup program.

> But when I ls the nfs mountpoint, it's all there.

When you say you "ls the nfs mountpoint" are you doing that on the system to be
installed, or on your laptop?  If the laptop, that means that more than likely
something is preventing the NFS client from accessing the NFS export.  That
could be a lot of things:
- Your network interface isn't activated
- Your network mask is wrong
- Your routing is wrong, or no default gateway was specified
- There's a firewall between the two preventing access (including perhaps on
the laptop)
- You specified the wrong IP address for the NFS server
- You specified the wrong path to the DVD

One way to start checking is to enter an "x" when you get the "Activating
manual setup program" message.  Of the options that follow that, "3" should put
you into a shell where you can do ifconfig commands, route, etc.