Okay, I just have to add my 2 cents.  :-)

Doesn't seem like you can use X there, so don't try to force it.  We just
upgraded ~230 servers without using X or VNC.  We used the good old ncurses
interface.  I have to admit that these upgrades were completely automated
and the script accessed the "upgrading" guest via ssh from another zLinux
guest.

However, if you're up for trying it...

Make sure X11 forwarding is disabled in your ssh client.
After connecting to the target guest, make sure the DISPLAY variable is NOT
set:

    unset DISPLAY

Then try the "/usr/lib/YaST2/startup/YaST2.ssh" command.

Not saying this will work for you, but if you have the time, patience, and
you don't mind the ncurses interface...

Leland