Our site is looking to upgrade from WebSphere 7 Base to 8.5 ND. The new Network
Deployment version provides clustering and easier(?) maintenance. However I was
wondering about the true advantages of WAS ND running under Linux on a single
mainframe. For sure, we would be trading simplicity for a more complex
environment, and am wondering about the advantages versus disadvantages that
others have experienced. We have one application with one production WAS
server, and several test WAS environments each running on their own Linux
instance.

Ray Mrohs
US Department of Justice
202 307-6896