Typically you would bring down guests and DDR all the volumes to the new
DASD..   then clip (relabel) all the old volumes (and probably
format/scrub/etc)..   make adjustments to system config as needed to keep
old stuff varied off, etc.    Note that I'm strictly talking about doing
this at the z/VM level.   There may be other magic outside of z/VM (zos,
storage controllers) that others may know about..

Scott Rohling