We're trying to research an issue with our kickstarting that cropped up in
RHEL6.4 (worked perfectly in RHEL6.2).  RedHat support has asked us to wait
till the kickstart fails then issue "CNTL+ALT+F1" to get into "pdb" mode so
they can debug the anaconda stuff, but since we boot in z/VM, the terminal
doesn't appear to translate those keys correctly--at least, I issue them and
nothing happens.  Does anyone know how to send those to the host operating
system through a tn3270e console?  Or know of a different way that we could get
an ascii-based terminal for the automated kickstart if needed?  When I ssh into
the guest at the failure time, I can hop on as root but I'm not "breaking into"
the install process--I can't enter anything that'd change the flow of the
install.

Really hoping someone on this forum might have an idea, since IBM won't respond
(not a "zVM issue", apparently, that their console doesn't work) and RedHat
doesn't seem to know...

Thanks!

Shannon Collinson, AVP, Mainframe Engineering
SunTrust Bank
Office: 404.827.6070 | Mobile: 404.642.1280 | Mail Code GA-MT-1750 | 245
Peachtree Center Ave Suite 1700 | Atlanta, GA 30303

How Can We Help You Shine Today?

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
By replying to this e-mail, you consent to SunTrust's monitoring activities of
all communication that occurs on SunTrust's systems.
SunTrust is a federally registered service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]