I am sure that I have ever heard a better word for programming than
"Entwicklung"

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Peter
Linnell
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 5:53 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: TX-Errs on hipersocket interface.

Hi all,

I will not be at SHARE in Boston, there will be some new faces who are new to
mainframe from SUSE SE team.  I know you folks will treat them kindly :)

That said the real reason for S.u.S.E is related to a former law in Germany
which required a company's name to reflect what they did. Hence, S.u.S.E stood
for Software- und System-Entwicklung .  Software and Systems Programming.  Now
ask an American to pronounce that correctly.  :-)

Cheers,
Peter

>>> Rob van der Heij <rvdh...@gmail.com> 8/2/2013 5:07 AM >>>
On 2 August 2013 13:45, Billy R. Bingham <brbing...@stx.rr.com> wrote:

I for one would like to know. :) You don't have
> to post to the list, you can email me private,
> or if you perfer you can post a URL where I can
> read about it.
>
> Right!  Did someone miss the fact that it's Friday?  First thing today I
asked Peter offline for ugly details. Silly me I thought the lowercase was
just lost in translation through US code pages.

If nothing else, maybe Mark will shed some light on this at SHARE during
one of the social events. That's one of the cool things of attending SHARE.
But if it's obscure German legal stuff, maybe even he did not have a need
to know (LOL)

Rob

> Thanks,
>
> Billy
>
> > PS  It is SUSE now :-)  SuSE was an artifact of an obscure German law,
> > which is now no longer in effect.... for 10 years now. I won't bore
> > the list with the gory details ;-)

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm