On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM, John Campbell <soup...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ,,,
>
> No one can serve two masters, and even a publicly traded corporation
> has to choose its loyalty carefully... and not being loyal to the
> customers will not do the share-holders a lot of good ...

  I was a customer back then, and was unhappy at being told that I
shouldn't buy what I/we thought we needed - but to buy what we were told to
buy. (This didn't happy *all* the time, but often enough to be very
bothersome.)

  The bureaucracy was enormous and arrogant.

(shrugs)

  Me, too.

> It probably does not help that share-holders-- especially the
> institutional variety-- can force the mighty to the floor...

  From my point of view, neither the customers nor the share-holders were
being well served.

--henry schaffer