Hello lists,

I'd go into details as to why the first draft of "The Virtualization
Cookbook" is STILL not online and may still be a couple of weeks, but I
don't want to bore you. Here's the executive summary: graphics, old
FrameMaker templates, lawyers, other graphics, "I thought YOU were going
to handle that". TODOs, etc. ... (Wait, why can't a first draft have some
"TODO"s in it? :))

Anyway, I spent some time making sure the set of quotes from Albert
Einstein are unique. If history is any teacher, not a single one of them
will survive to the final Redbook (crossing my fingers this time I'll be
surprised). So, I thought I'd post them here for your enjoyment - one per
chapter:

Preface:
?The search for truth is more precious than its possession.?

Introduction:
?Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.?
(I love this one, because you can always invoke the "but not simpler"
clause, when convenient :))

Planning:
?The only reason for time is so that everything doesn?t happen at once.?

ConfingureWindows:
?Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological
criminal.?

ConfigurePC-NFS:
?Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.?

ConfigureVM:
?Example isn't another way to teach. It is the only way to teach.?

ServiceVM:
?You cannot solve a problem with the same kind of thinking that created
it.?

ConfigureVM-NonSSI
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important
thing is not to stop questioning."

configureCloner-RH64:
?The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all
comprehensible."

configureGolden-RH64:
?Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.?

cloneLinux-RH64:
?It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity.?

createAppliances-RH64:
?The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.?

kickstart-RH64:
?We still don?t know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has
revealed to us.?

rhn-RH64:
?The faster you go, the shorter you are.?

satellite-RH64:
?Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results.?

configureCloner-S11Sp3:
?The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.?

configureGolden-S11Sp3:
?I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.?

cloneLinux-S11Sp3:
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday
thinking."

createAppliances-S11SP3:
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."

vmrelocate:
?If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.?

Dirm-SMAPI-RACF:
?Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at
it.?

monitoring:
?Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted.?

disks:
?Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important
thing is not to stop questioning.?

networks:
?Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the universe.?

miscRecipes:
?Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of
value."

Hopefully, the first draft is available soon (ping me offline if you
really, really need a draft ...)

"Mike MacIsaac" <mikemac at-sign us.ibm.com>