> I am trying to learn & understand Redhat z/Linux
>
> How to do LVM on Z/linux

The same way it is done on Red Hat for Intel.  The LVM FAQ list is available by
googling "LVM FAQ RHEL".

> 1. LVM on windows is using Drives & partitions to create LVM  , so when it
> comes to Z/OS ..

LVM is a generic acronym. The Linux implementation is completely different than
the Windows implementation.

Also, please don't confuse the System z processor with z/OS. Linux and z/OS are
separate operating systems that run on the System z hardware. There is no
interdependency between the two other than they can share the same hardware.
And yes, there are a lot of IBM people who don't understand the difference
either.

> what is used generally by various users
>
> Z/VM minidisk as Linux Drives , which is then used to create LVM and fstab
> entries in Linux are Z/VM minidisk

That is the only version that Linux can support directly.

> or we use MVS - ZFS datasets , formatted and used as Drives on Linux

To do this, Linux must access them via a network file system, such as NFS.
Linux cannot directly use ZFS datasets.

> 2. How is Data files shared across MVS & z/LINUX ( i know Datasets can be
> shared across MVS , Unix system services and are RACF protected ) , does
> RACF take care of Security on Z/OS VM/Linux.
> or LINUX Secirity is with ACL as available in RedHat Linux

No z/OS security measures apply directly to Linux (in fact, Linux is completely
unaware of them and will happily obliterate z/OS data if given write access to
it). They're separate systems, and you must treat them that way. There are ways
to allow Linux to get identity and authorization information from z/OS (ie,
LDAP), but Linux must get that information via a method it understands (usually
over the network).

If you want security in Linux, you must use Linux-based methods.

> is there any Z/VM , Z/LINUX , Z/OS - Z/Linux tutorial information

Getting Started with Linux on System z (available for download from
www.vm.ibm.com)  is pretty good. Also a new IBM redbook is in process on
installing and getting started is in the works (there are older copies
available from www.redbooks.ibm.com).

Beyond that, the most important message is "once the Linux system is started
up, *there is no difference in operations and management from Intel Linux*."
It's Linux. There are minor differences in device names, but that's it. If you
need to do it on Linux, you do it the same way you do it on Linux anywhere
else.