>>> On 10/23/2013 at 07:32 AM, <karlkings...@ongov.net> wrote:
> Seeing a lot of these since we upgraded from SLES10SP4 to SLES11SP2:
>
> scale_rt_power: clock:3806a691fbdb1 age:3806a4e60fe00, avg:5d4b8d2f
> Oct 23 04:43:19 sandbx3 kernel: scale_rt_power: clock:3806a691fbdb1
> age:3806a4e60fe00, avg:5d4b8d2f
> scale_rt_power: clock:3806a71c9a763 age:3806a6c2e6300, avg:2ed2b4f8
>  Oct 23 04:43:19 sandbx3 kernel: scale_rt_power: clock:3806a71c9a763
> age:3806a6c2e6300, avg:2ed2b4f8
>
> What's up with this?  Any way to get around this?

You'll need to open up a service request with your service provider to get a
really detailed answer.  At a higher level, that message is coming out of
kernel/sched_fair.c.  The comment above it says:
/* RT usage tracking looks fishy, report anomaly and restore sanity */

>From what I can make out, RT refers to Real Time, but I don't see how that
>fits in with the Completely Fair Scheduler that you're apparently running.  If
>I had to guess, I would say that you're seeing some sort of problem with the
>system clock not being "right enough" which could be due to some sort of
>resource starvation.

Switching to the Deadline scheduler would probably make the messages go away
(and I believe Deadline is the recommended scheduler for System z), but that
wouldn't address the root cause.