Certainly. There are ways in both Linux and CMS. I often do this in CMS
by attaching the FCP device and running SCSIDISC.
David Kreuter.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: defining zfcp devices on SLES11
From: Karl Kingston <karlkings...@ongov.net>
Date: Mon, December 09, 2013 1:57 pm
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU

We have an XIV connected to 2 switches which in turn is connected to our
z10 through 4 adapters.

We have defined 5 luns for use under SLES11SP2.

Right now, we are using YaST to define all of the connections. This
seems to be cumbersome.

Is there a way for us to to scan and define each lun without having to
do
this manually?

Thanks

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or