If all you want to do is provide some level of individual accountability
for users that sudo to root, you can modify root's shell's history file
processing to spin off separate history files based off "who am i"  to some
arbitrary location like /var/log/sudohistory with timestamps added via
HISTTIMEFORMAT.  Doesn't stop anybody from doing anything nefarious, but it
does answer the age old question "Hey.. who updated this configuration
file?"