I understand that without PAV an ECKD volume cannot have have multiple I/O
operations in progress and therefore the operating system (or is it the channel
?) may have to queue I/Os to a volume. I know that this applies to z/OS and I
assume that it also applies to z/VM and linux, and may be a reason to avoid
using very large ECXD volumes.

Does the same apply to a traditional channel-attached FBA volume (ie not
FCP-over-SCSI) ?.

For mini-disks on z/VM emulated FBA on SCSI, I assume that at the z/VM can
issue several simultaneous SCSI IOs to the LUN but will each linux guest still
limit itself to one I/O per mini-disk ?.
Does the use of DIAG access to the mini-disk make any difference ?

Keith