Anacron is different then cron..   it's normally invoked by cron once a day
..   maybe in /etc/cron.d?  It should be the one running the cron.daily and
weekly stuff.    See /etc/anacrontab ..

Anyway - you might see if there are already anacron processes running and
kill them:

ps -ef | grep anacron

Scott Rohling