Tom,

Look at RMF XP,
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r13/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.zos.r13.erbb200%2Fgpm4cim1.htm,
 you can download the implementation guide at:
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/eserver/zseries/zos/rmf/rmf_xp_implementation_guide.pdf
 as “rmfpms” replacement.

Quote:
“RMF XP exploits the existing Common Information Model (CIM) instrumentation
for AIX and for the Linux distributions (RHEL/SUSE) and does not require any
proprietary agent software on the monitored endpoints. The CIM server, as well
as the metric providers, are integral parts of the supported AIX and Linux
distributions, and therefore no additional software needs to be installed.
However, you need to ensure that the CIM servers with their metric providers
are properly set up and running on the monitored endpoints. This document helps
you in configuring the CIM servers and their metric providers and gives you
additional hints and tips on how to optimize your RMF XP configuration.”

James Chaplin, ITIL® v3 Foundation

Systems Programmer, MVS, zVM & zLinux

CA Technologies