Sorry for top posting.

The initial fix, does cover the main vulnerability and there will be additional
fixes coming soon.

If you are running a version outside of the current supported versions and you
do NOT have LTSS, there is a mechanism to provide patches outside of the normal
subscription contract.

You would need to contact your account rep for details on getting these patches
through a special process.

We have done so, in the interest of security first.

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Linnell
SUSECon 2014
Register at suse.com/susecon
Follow us at twitter.com/susecon14

>>> Ted Rodriguez-Bell <te...@wellsfargo.com> 9/26/2014 12:56 PM >>>
This is a bit off-topic, but you can see in the package dates that an embargo
was done.  The SLES package was signed on Friday, 19 Feb at 6:20 PDT; the
corresponding Fedora packages were signed on Wednesday the 24th.  Both
announcements arrived in the wee hours (US Pacific time) on Thursday morning.

Fedora and Red Hat, by the way, have issued a fix for CVE-2014-7169; I'm
expecting Suse's any hour now.

Just as far afield but in a different direction, the 11SP2 LTSS and 10SP4 LTSS
updates were mentioned in the same message as the SP3 ones.  This was a clue
that the "critical" rating on this means "really, really critical"; usually
LTSS updates come days or weeks later.

Ted Rodriguez-Bell
Wells Fargo

Company policy requires:  This message may contain confidential and/or
privileged information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive
this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action
based on this message or any information herein.  If you have received this
message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and