>>> On 1/7/2015 at 11:30 AM, Brad Gartside <brad.garts...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The install process I am talking about is the yast menu system. I start
> yast from the ssh console or select it from the X window lower left hand
> "start bar". A menu displays in the ssh console that is titled "YaST2
> Control Center". In the left hand column I select "Virtualization" and in
> the right hand column I select "Install Hypervisor and Tools." I am then
> asked Xen or KVM. I select KVM. It then shows a screen that lists the steps
> of the installation.
>      Verify Installed Packages
>      Network Bridge Configuration
> The "Verify Installed Packages" installs the following:
> libvirt
> libvirt-python
> vm-install
> kvm
> virt-manager
> virt-viewer
>
> The packages install without error. The process never asks to setup a
> "Network Bridge Configuration." It then tells me
> "For installing KVM guests, reboot the machine to load the necessary
> drivers.", and then I am back to the main yast menu.

With SLES12, that message is now incorrect.  For SLES11 SP3 it is necessary to
reboot for things to work.  You won't be asked to configure a bridge at this
point, and it's not needed, and won't work.

> Could you point me to documentation on a macvtap setup?

The easiest way is just to use virt-manager to create a new KVM guest.  It
should automatically create the macvtap interface for you.