I have a small z/vm system which is used to run linux and z/os test systems (I
work for an ISV). My z/vm knowledge is mainly limited to what I have picked up
from the z/linux Redbooks and the "Getting Started" guide.

I now want to install some tools from the VM downloads web pages. Is there a
standard or commonly used convention for where such tools should be stored? I
found some sample instructions for installing pipeddr where the code was
installed on the MAINT 191 for instance. I would not expect that to be a
suitable location.

Also, does IBM provide a list of various MAINT minidisks and their functions ?

Keith Gooding