Jeri,

I remember running into that quite a while back.  I found an old piece of
bash code that might help (no warranties :))
I recall it only had to be run once at 'first boot time', then the
ownership of the ASM disks would survive reboots.  Hope it helps...

#+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
function setUdevRules()
# Set udev rules for Oracle ASM to own disks
# Args: None
#+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 {
    # In the file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-udev-oracle.rules, add lines of form:
  #
KERNEL=="dasd*1",ID=="0.0.0200",OWNER="grid",GROUP="oinstall",MODE="0660"

  # set variables with the constants for the start and end of the line
  local prefix='KERNEL=="dasd*1",ID=="0.0.'
  local suffix='",OWNER="grid",GROUP="oinstall",MODE="0660"'

  cd /etc/udev/rules.d
  echo "# Rules for Oracle ASM disks" > 99-udev-oracle.rules
  for nextDisk in $ASMmdisks; do
    echo "$prefix$nextDisk$suffix" >> 99-udev-oracle.rules
  done

  # start and stop udev rules script to pick up changes
  /etc/init.d/boot.udev stop
  sleep 2                        # the next boot.udev start sometimes fails
  /etc/init.d/boot.udev start
 } # setUdevRules()