I have my name in a couple patents (US) related to virtualization -- and
what's funny is I have two apparently matching certificates from China as
well - completely written in Chinese.  I can only tell what they are for by
the cryptic diagram they printed of the ideas.   I haven't bothered looking
into this as I don't own the patents, but I thought it seemed like a
complete oxymoron to have a chinese patent.   ;-)

I agree with David -- it's unavoidable ...   the paradigm is changing.
Perhaps the one built around patents has worn itself out...   ?

Scott Rohling