On Wednesday, 05/06/2015 at 04:05 EDT, Mainframe Mainframe
<mainframe1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We contacted network team as well, But no solution till now. I am really
> not able to find why FTP failing only while coping  MNT190 disk.

That's nonsense, Mainframe Mainframe.   They found *something*.  Either
the tcp window closed all the way (to zero) and FTPGET couldn't persuade
it to re-open, or vsftpd stopped transmitting *all* data.  Either of those
results is useful information.  At the very least could at least have run
tcpdump on your ftp server.

> IUGIDV8339I  BYPASSING INSTDIR EXEC DUE TO PROGRAM RESTART
> IUGILB8440I NOW LOADING MAINT    190 (190) DISK 4 OF 317
> IUGILB8344I FTPGET COMMAND FAILED FOR CKD190
> REISSUING COMMAND.
> CKD190*
> DMSRXS1408W File TCPIP DATA * not found
> PROCESSING CKD19000
> IUGILB8342E THE COMMAND ' PIPE FTPGET CKD190* ' FAILED WITH RC= -111
> IUGIDV8342E THE COMMAND ' EXEC INSTLBMD ' FAILED WITH RC= 100
> IUGIDV8376E INSTDVD EXEC ENDED IN ERROR
> IUGITL8342E THE COMMAND ' EXEC INSTDVD ' FAILED WITH RC=100
> IUGITL8376E INSTALL EXEC ENDED IN ERROR. TO RESTART CORRECT THE PROBLEM
AND
> REIS
> SUE INSTALL

If that's all the messages you got, then you have a worse problem.
Whenever FTPGET gives RC= -111, it always issues a message.  Always.   But
I don't see it.

Double check your vsftpd logs (and /var/log/messages) to see if the server
issued any messages or Linux issued any messages about vsftpd.

But no one can tell you how to solve the problem since we don't know
what's causing it.  We can *guess*, but you can do that on your own.

To get our help, you need to supply us with information.  Get the tcpdump
packet trace from your Linux server, run it through wireshark and see
what's happening.  If you don't know how to do that, you need to learn,
and here's your opportunity.  Everyone in this business needs to learn
something about how TCP/IP works.

When I teach at conferences or am speaking to a client, I ask "How many of
you here are network engineers?"  A hand or two will go up.  My response:
"No, all of you are."   And this is why.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323