Greetings VM List!

We recently moved a database from DB2 9.5 running on SLES10 SP4 to DB2 10.5
(fix pack 5) running on SLES11 SP3, both under z/VM 6.2. We're having some
issues with increased memory consumption and wondered if anybody else had
noticed a similar trend. To give a little background the old guest ran
wonderfully efficiently for a number of years with 2G of memory allocated to
the guest. The new guest has been sized up through the testing period to 8G and
we're still having problems. The recommended mode for DB2's memory management
is to run with its automatic memory management feature enabled. This seems,
however, to just gobble up all the memory we can give it and has led to the
guest freezing until we remove the load from the application running queries,
at which time it becomes responsive again. Any advice on either OS
configuration parameters (beyond what IBM recommends here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_10.5.0/com.ibm.db2.luw.qb.server.doc/doc/c0057140.html?cp=SSEPGG_10.5.0%2F2-0-1-2-2-0-10-1)
 to be aware of or DB2 configuration that might help us with this would be
enormously appreciated.

Thanks all,

Gerard Howells
Mainframe Systems Programmer
Enterprise Systems
America First Credit Union
TEL: 801-827-8353<tel:801-827-8353>
ghowe...@americafirst.com<mailto:ghowe...@americafirst.com>

[America First Credit
Union]<https://www.americafirst.com/redirect/clickthrough.cfm?dest=exEmail>

Notice: This communication and any attachments are intended for a specific
individual and purpose. The information contained in this communication is
confidential and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient and
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail, or call 801-627-0900, and delete all copies. Any review,
retention, or disclosure to others is strictly prohibited. Thank you.