The only reason for the 3390-3, was I had already had some defined
(DS8100), so I used them.

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of
Philipp Kern
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2015 10:27 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Adding DASD to a Debian guest

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 08:13:02AM -0500, Frank M. Ramaekers wrote:
> I'd like to pick your brain on your Debian install.   I've struggled,
> the biggest obstacle was ZIPL install....it appears that partition has

> to be laid down just right (/ before any other fs), for instance.
> Had problems installing with ext4 & LVM.  Don't have a good ideas as
> to fs allocation.   I'm using 3390-3, so I have to tie many together
> either RAID0 or via LVM.   (Currently I have 6 allocated to Debian).

I do wonder what kind of storage system you have that you insist on
3390-3 (instead of, say, two 3390-9). But then 3390-A are a DS8000-only
feature, I guess? I liked it being arbitrary-sized very much.

Of course there might be performance considerations, but not necessarily
when you then need to tie six 3390-3 together for space reasons.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or