Hi,

I'm new to Linux on Z.  I'm setting up a syslog server which is going to
receive a bunch of data and, of course, I'll be using logrotate to
rotate logs & *compress* them.  I want to be a good neighbor when it
comes to processing time so....

Is there some specialty processor in the mainframe implementing either
gzip, bzip2 or lzma that one could offload compression tasks to?  If so,
which Linux utility or configuration do I need for that?

Thanks,
Jorge