Hi,
                I have been running IOZONE tests to 32 LVM volumes with ext2
filesystems on them. I am using a Sles11 SP4 guest on z/VM 6.3. I keep seeing
unusable path messages in /var/log/messages from Multipathd. However I don't
see any path faults or any other messages indicating problems. Does anyone have
any idea what these messages mean? Internet searches have yielded little. I
appreciate any help.

Sep 19 09:49:34 vm63ckds11sp4jta5 multipathd: sdbj: unusable path
Sep 19 14:42:58 vm63ckds11sp4jta5 multipathd: sdag: unusable path
Sep 20 12:26:05 vm63ckds11sp4jta5 multipathd: sdco: unusable path
Sep 20 12:32:45 vm63ckds11sp4jta5 multipathd: sdbf: unusable path

vm63ckds11sp4jta5:/extra # multipathd -k'show maps stats'
name    path_faults switch_grp map_loads total_q_time q_timeouts
mpatha  0           0          1         0            0
mpathb  0           0          1         0            0
mpathc  0           0          1         0            0
mpathd  0           0          1         0            0
mpathe  0           0          1         0            0
mpathf  0           0          1         0            0
mpathg  0           0          1         0            0
mpathh  0           0          1         0            0
mpathi  0           0          1         0            0
mpathj  0           0          1         0            0
mpathk  0           0          1         0            0
mpathl  0           0          1         0            0
mpathm  0           0          1         0            0
mpathn  0           0          1         0            0
mpatho  0           0          1         0            0
mpathp  0           0          1         0            0
mpathq  0           0          1         0            0
mpathr  0           0          1         0            0
mpaths  0           0          1         0            0
mpatht  0           0          1         0            0
mpathu  0           0          1         0            0
mpathv  0           0          1         0            0
mpathw  0           0          1         0            0
mpathx  0           0          1         0            0
mpathy  0           0          1         0            0
mpathz  0           0          1         0            0
mpathaa 0           0          1         0            0
mpathab 0           0          1         0            0
mpathac 0           0          1         0            0
mpathad 0           0          1         0            0
mpathae 0           0          1         0            0
mpathaf 0           0          1         0            0

Thanks,
Chris Burgess
Phone: 1-800-445-2588 x42149
           1-508-249-2149