Am 06.10.2015 um 18:32 schrieb Mark Post:
>> Hi Tito,
>>
>> I am sorry that this time I don't have a workaround. The installer code
>> assumes diag 308 IPL functions to be available, however it is'nt on zPDT. I
>> believe this should be fixed in the installer. The Linux kernel propagates
>> the error to the script, and it fails to handle it.
>
> So, is it safe to say that IBM didn't test this on zPDT and that IBM doesn't
> claim it is supported on zPDT?  Or that it positively is _not_ supported on
> zPDT?  Having such a public statement might save others from some grief.

zKVM is supported/tested on zEC12 and zBC12 and z13.
see
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/solutions/virtualization/kvm/
and click on announcement letter.

When you read between the lines "Can co-exist with z/VM virtualization
environments, Linux on z Systems, z/OS®, z/VSE®, and z/TPF in different
LPARs." this also implies that zKVM is supposed to run in LPAR.

Christian