From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Mark Post
Sent: 16 February 2016 16:09
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Parked IFLs on zVM 6.3

>>> On 2/16/2016 at 10:10 AM, "Shumate, Scott" <scshum...@bbandt.com> wrote:
> I'm running into something interesting and was wondering if anyone knows why?
>  I have added to IFLs to my CEC and brought them online.  The CEC is
> currently maxed out at 14 IFLs but IFLs 0E & 0F is parked.  Why is the
> OS parking the IFLs when they should be in use since the CEC is maxed out?

This would probably be better asked on the IBMVM mailing list, but I'm guessing
it has something to do with the topology/polarization settings on your z/VM
system.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/